Thursday, December 6, 2012

Those DAys...

-->While commuting to office today, looking at the people and overheard conversation in the train, my  mind flies to those days...

After graduation , I was doing various part time job such as food court, sales assistant, photocopy shop. I was so happy when finally I got permanent job as Engineer Sept 2001. Salary as fresh grad that time just RM2350, nett around RM1800.....car RM600..house RM180 (a room of 4 room terrace house)..no toll just car fuel and everyday meal....I smart enough to auto deduct my pay for saving monthly basis (but always withdraw when it comes to end of the month)...

Started my very first credit card CITIBANK....limit RM3k...swipe all around. Raya shopping, Braun Buffel, Elle, some clothings...swipe. There is time I only have RM50 in my acc and next pay day is in another 1 week and a half ahead....fuel for car, swipe.

I used to have this conversation with my housemate...an engineer but always have financial problem. Sometimes I even have to be calculative just to buy a snack set of KFC..so sad.. every time received yearly bonus will be used for credit card debt. In my account hardly to reach RM5k after 3 yrs working...its a shame and thats when I decided to learn how to manage my money wisely.

I read financial planing book, attend money management seminar and on year 4 of my career life, I managed to get rid all my credit card debt, constantly put aside for saving and not missing my parents monthly gift....I cancel all my credit card, left only one with no fee for life. Its tough at the beginning but I have to live with it. No parents help cos i have my ego. I know they knew.

Alhamdullilah, since 2006 till now, even though I don't live in luxury mode yet, but its comfortable, not yet in the state of financial freedom but its enough. I started oversea trip on my own, starting once a year and now 3-4 times vacation a year . I have several account to make sure I am financially OK on my retirement day. It might nothing to some people but it absolutely SOMETHING for me.

Some Importants thing I learn from financial planning seminar regardless of the presenter is Muslim of not..

1. GIVE FIRST..THEN USED
~ the more you give the more you get. Whatever amount u get, give out 5%-10% first(to ur parents, siblings,unfortunate)...balance is yours..

2. ITS NOT HOW MUCH YOU EARN, ITS HOW WELL YOU MANAGED.
~have you ever heard someone keep complaining about his/her financial even though their pay is 6 figures p.a...

3. BE GRATEFUL BUT STRIVE FOR MORE
~ be blessed of what we have but do not stop working hard to make better life..



No comments: